In order to start the ArkivDigital program quickly, you can create a shortcut on the desktop or taskbar depending on which browser you use. Below are the steps for creating a shortcut.
Open your web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge or Safari) and log in to the program at the following page: https://app.arkivdigital.se/.
If you were previously logged in and used the program, you must first close all open volumes, otherwise all these volumes will again open when you start the program from the shortcut. This will happen no matter which web browser you use. You can close these volumes by doing the following:
Down in the left corner you will find the box, “Close all except favorites”. Click on the white arrow (1). In order to see other alternatives, select “Close all” (2). A box will appear and you click “Close all” again. All the volumes are now closed. You can now create the shortcut.
Shortcut with Chrome
- Click on the three vertical dots at the top right of the browser.
- Select More Tools.
- Select Create shortcut.
- In the box that appears, you will see the ArkivDigital logo. Click Create.
A shortcut has now been added to your desktop.
Shortcut with Firefox
- Resize the Firefox window so you can see both your computer’s desktop and the Firefox window on the same screen.
- Click the icon on the left (i) of the address bar (where the URL is shown).
- Hold the mouse button down, move the pointer to the desktop, then release the mouse button. The shortcut will be created.
Shortcut with Edge
- Click on the three horizontal dots at the top right corner of the browser.
- Select “Pin this page to the taskbar”.
- A shortcut has now been added to the taskbar.
Shortcut with Safari
Click once in the address bar so that the whole text becomes blue. Left click in the address bar and hold down the left mouse button and drag out the text to the desktop.
A shortcut has now been created on the desktop.
NOTE! The shortcut then starts with the browser that is selected as the default browser.
Mac – with Safari
You can change the text on the shortcut by clicking once on the text below the icon to make it blue. Delete the text and enter what you want the shortcut to be named, Suggestion ArkivDigital.
Shortcut on the IPad via Safari
- Click on the share button
- Select Add to Home Screen
Click on Add.
A shortcut has now been added on the home screen.