ArkivDigital recently published the annual company report which shows that 2016 was another great year.
Net sales increased by 18 percent to nearly 29 million Swedish kronor. Profits were nearly 5.9 million Swedish kronor, an improvement of nearly 3 million compared with the previous year. More than 8 million new images were added to the online database, this is a record high for the company, as well more than 50 million name register entries. The number of subscribers is nearly 26,000.
These strong financial numbers make it possible for the company to enter new ventures. In 2016, the company acquired several million aerial photos primarily of houses and farm from all over Sweden, most taken from the 1950’s to the beginning of the 2000’s.
Mikael Karlsson, Managing Director of ArkivDigital, writes in the annual report, “It is a wonderful feeling and means so much to make these fascinating photo collections available to many today and at the same preserve them for future generations. I am convinced our customers will share the same feelings. But the material will take some time to digitize so it will take some time before all the images are available in a high-quality format in our online service.”
The company is focused on further improving ArkivDigital, Mikael Karlsson presented a summary of the priorities:
- Continue digitizing archival documents.
- Digitizing other types of records, such as older photographs.
- More name registers, example increase the Population of Sweden 1880-1920 to include 1860 to 1930.
- Indexes that make searches in the documents easier.
- Instructions and help texts within the software to facilitate the research, especially for beginners.
- Smoother payment methods.
- Increased interaction between ArkivDigital and researchers but also directly between researchers.
The annual shareholders’ meeting will be held on the 19th of May at the company’s headquarters in Lyrestad.