Estate Inventories (Bouppteckningar)
During the year, our major project to photograph all of Sweden’s estate inventories for the period 1901-1960, continued. We have added many estate inventories for various years in different counties. You can read a status update of our estate inventory project in this blog entry.
We have now completed projects for photographing the prison lists for all of Sweden from the Office of the Chancellor of Justice and also the Supreme Court protocols. The prison lists from the Office of Chancellor of Justice are available for the period 1750-1825 and the Supreme Court protocols are available for the period 1694-1800.
Documents concerning World War II
A number of records concerning Sweden during the Second World War had been added:
- Spy and espionage documents from “Stockholms rådhusrätt 1850-1947, Avdelning 5, Avdelningen för spionmål”.
- Air crashes from ”Flygstaben: Centralexpeditionen”.
- “Beredskapsverket” which consists of the Swedish military defense readiness official military history work. The main material is found in “Beredskapsverket, Avdelning 1”. In “Beredskapsverket, Avdelning 13”, are documents concerning the operations Save Denmark (Rädda Danmark) and Save Norway (Rädda Norge).
- Documents from the C-byrån, which covered secret intelligence outside Sweden’s borders.
Older military records
Military pension documents from several archives have been added, which we have described in two blogs:
Before the general muster rolls began in the 1680’s, the collection “Rullor 1620-1723” was the primary source for military research. During 2015, we have added the volumes for the years 1620-1647 to ArkivDigital’s online archive.
Records outside of Sweden
The biggest project outside of Sweden during the year was the photographing of the Swedish American congregation church books in Kansas. Most of the volumes are now online but it won’t be until the beginning of next year before the project is complete. An overview of the Kansas collection is found in this blog entry.
During the spring, church books from several Swedish congregations outside of Sweden became available in ArkivDigital.
- Svenska Sofiaförsamlingen in Paris
- Svenska Gustafskrykan in Copenhagen
- Svenska Victoriaförsamlingen in Berlin
- Svenska Margaretaförsamlingen in Oslo
Concerning other records outside of Sweden, we want to also mention that we have begun to add documents from the seamen homes in Åland,Finland: Mariehamn seaman house and Vårdö seaman house. This project will be completed in the beginning of 2016.