It is time again to update our index, Birth index, parts of Sweden, where you can easily search for birth information. This time we have updated our index with 46, 277 searchable name entries from Nora in Örebro county and the surrounding area.
Information for the following parishes and dates are included in the update:
- Järnboås 1673–1918
- Nora bergsförsamling 1737–1939
- Nora stadsförsamling 1843–1924 (for years before 1843, see Nora bergsförsamling)
- Viker 1872–1918 (parish established in 1871 broken out from Nora bergsförsamling)
Our birth index makes it easier for you to find the birth records for your ancestors and relatives who were born in these four parishes. Instead of browsing the book page by page, you can now make a quick search in our index. When you have found the person, you can look further by one simple click to double check the information in the index in the original source.
The following information is searchable in the birth index:
- Birth date
- Baptismal date
- Child’s first name
- Parent’s first name and last name, title/occupation and age
- Birth place (village, farm, etc.)
- Birth parish
There are now nearly 5 million entries in the index, Birth index, parts of Sweden. We will be updating this index with more parishes and counties so watch our blog and our social media to get information about all updates.
Click here to see all the parishes and years which are included in the index after this update.
In order to open, Birth index, parts of Sweden:
- Access app.arkivdigital.se
- Select, Index search
- Select Birth index, parts of Sweden under index source