Do you have Swedish roots? You may wish to take this opportunity to participate in a customized genealogy trip to Sweden: Genealogical Adventures – August 3rd – 11th, 2020.
This customized travel package offers participants the possibility to walk in their ancestor’s footsteps, visit the places where their ancestors lived and maybe even meet living relatives. The trip is customized for each individual who participates in the trip.
The Genealogical Adventures 2020 Tour is a joint partnership between Network Genealogical Adventures in Sweden and the Adventure Skaraborg Society.
The Adventure Skaraborg Society has experience in arranging customized genealogy and heritage tours to Skaraborg county and the surrounding area. Many people have inquired about customized genealogical travel to other parts of Sweden and up until now the Adventure Skaraborg Society has had to regretfully turn down these requests. But now with the partnership between Network Genealogical Adventures and Adventure Skaraborg Sweden, these requests can now be accepted.
Network Genealogical Adventures has members all over Sweden, and with the help of the Network members, Adventure Skaraborg Society can arrange a travel package where participants with ancestors from other areas in Sweden can have a local guide to show them their unique Swedish roots.
The exclusive travel package includes:
- Customized travel itinerary and a personal genealogist.
- Visits to historical and cultural sites.
- Travel itinerary includes one day in Gothenburg, two days in Skaraborg county, four nights at your ancestor’s area. The trip ends in Stockholm where the participants gather again after their individual genealogy days in Sweden.
- Cost is approximately 4,000 USD and includes hotels (double room, additional price $500 for single room), a local genealogy researcher, transportation in Gothenburg, Skaraborg and the area of your ancestors.
- Note – Extra costs for those who have ancestors elsewhere than in Skaraborg to your destination and to Arlanda airport.
Not included in the price are airfare, travel and medical insurance.
Genealogists specializing in Swedish research will communicate with trip participants prior to their travels in helping them discover more about their Swedish roots. The participant doesn’t need to have any genealogical research skills.
Click here for more information and a detailed itinerary of the exclusive travel package.
Click here to view a flyer.