Do your Swedish ancestors come from Skaraborg county or the surrounding region? If so, you may wish to take this opportunity to participate in a customized genealogy trip to Sweden.
The Skaraborg municipality federation along with the municipalities of Skara, Falköping and Tidaholm are sponsoring a wonderful genealogy trip where you can see and discover more about your ancestor’s life in Sweden. The dates for the tour have not yet been finalized but the plans are for a 7 to 10 day visit between August 26 and September 10, 2017.
The exclusive travel package includes:
- Customized travel itinerary and your own genealogist.
- 7 to 10 days between August 26 and September 10, 2017.
- Travel itinerary includes two days in Stockholm and 3 to 5 days in the county of Skaraborg.
- Visits to historical and cultural sites.
- Trip is limited to 16 persons, first come first serve. Lindstrom Travel (Rockford, Il) will handle the bookings.
- Approximate cost is $4000 including roundtrip airfare between Chicago O’Hare and Stockholm, Sweden, housing and transportation in Sweden and the costs for your genealogy researcher.
Genealogists specializing in the Skaraborg area have been identified to work with the trip participants in helping them discovering more about their family roots. Communication between the genealogist and the trip participant will begin prior to the trip.
If you are interested, please respond your interest to Linnea Bengtsson, International Business Developer for the County of Skaraborg at email@example.com or call her at the Rockford, Illinois number: 815 985 3895. Linnea is stationed in Rockford.
Click here for more information about the Lidköping, Skaraborg & Rockford, Madison Industrial Partnership.
The County of Skaraborg is situated between the two great lakes Vänern and Vättern with good travel connections to Stockholm and Gothenburg. The municipalities within the County of Skaraborg are: Essunga, Falköping, Grästorp, Gullspång, Götene, Hjo, Karlsborg, Lidköping, Mariestad, Skara, Skövde, Tibro, Tidaholm, Töreboda and Vara.