ArkivDigital has reached another milestone: 70 million newly photographed color images of old books and other historical documents are now available in our online digital archive. Since most images include two pages, this means that we now have nearly 140 million photographed pages available for historical research.
Approximately 600,000 new images are added each month and we are now focused on our next milestone, 80 million images. We are hoping to reach this goal in about eighteen months.
ArkivDigital’s image milestones:
- 10 million images – August 2008
- 20 million images – March 2010
- 30 million images – September 2011
- 40 million images – March 2013
- 50 million images – September 2014
- 60 million images – May 2016