2017 was another good year for ArkivDigital as shown in the recently published annual report. Net sales increased by over 16 percent to nearly 33 million Swedish kronor. Nearly 10 million new images were added to the online archive during the year, which is a record high in the company’s history, as well as approximately 25 million name-register entries were added. The number of subscribers at year-end was close to 26,000.
Mikael Karlsson, Managing Director since 2012, expressed his pleasure regarding the good results. “In five years, the company’s net sales have nearly doubled, and operating profits have increased nearly fivefold. Naturally, we are happy with what we have achieved but we have much higher goals.”
Mikael Karlsson summarized the continuing priorities for the company:
- Continued digitization of archive documents and other sources.
- More name registers and other types of indexes that make it easier to search in the archives.
- Instructions and help texts within the software to ease research, especially for beginners.
- A family tree that allows one not only to retrieve information from ArkivDigital but to organize and structure the data.
- Smoother payment methods.
- Increased interaction between ArkivDigital and researchers but also directly between researchers.
“In short, ArchivDigital will be better in all areas,” stated Mikael Karlsson.
The annual shareholders’ meeting will be held on May 22 at the company’s headquarters in Lyrestad. The board is proposing a dividend of 52 öre per share.
Click here to the page on the website where you can download the annual report. On the right side of the page, click on Årsredovisning räkenskapsåret 2017 to see the report. (Only in Swedish.)
Click here to read the original blog in Swedish.